What do you need to know when you choose a yoga studio to take classes at? The first thing is the yoga style you are going to practice. A yoga style? What’s that? Well, of course originally yoga is yoga – the path for connection with the source of everything and with one’s soul; but when we say “yoga style” we refer to a particular way of asana performance. There are static, dynamic, semi-dynamic ways to do yoga poses.
One of the most popular styles is Iyengar yoga which is characterized by more static yoga postures with the use of various tools and supportive measures to make it easier for the beginners to start their yoga practice.
Another popular style is Ashtanga-vinyasa yoga originally comes from Mysore, from Sri Pattabhi Jois. This style consists of dynamically performed series of asanas or yoga poses. Ashtanga-vinyasa yoga is powerful practice but sometimes can be difficult for beginners.
There are other styles like vini-yoga, classic yoga taught by the Bihar Yoga School, and many others. The majority of large yoga centers and schools will offer you a variety of styles to choose from.
What do you need to know about a yoga center?
– The variety of styles, especially those available for beginners.
– The price ranges and available packages and discounts.
– The qualification of teachers.
– How the classes are organized.
– When type of clothes and equipment do you need for the classes.
– Safety measures.
– How often should you attend the yoga classes?
– Other details: diet, habits, personal daily routine, practice when pregnant, practice during women’s periods, etc.
You will definitely be able to find yoga classes for beginners that match you needs; just don’t give up if you stumbled up on something you cannot understand from the first time; learn more about yoga and you will discover a whole new world; start your adventure today!